That was the theme for today! (Believe it or not, Marcie and I happened to come up with the same title on our own, separately) This was also the same song that Ali danced to in the Disneyland parade this weekend. The kids were so excited to wake up to snow and find that school was canceled. I let them sleep in since they were up late last night (trying to finish that pesky homework from missing a week of school!). They were so eager to get out and play in the snow that they skipped breakfast and got dressed and headed outside.
Snow Angels
The beginning of a snowman
Our neighbor, Pam, started a snowball fight with Spencer but then his sisters came to his defense and she soon surrendered.
I went out long enough to take pictures and came back inside by the fire. I prefer snow from a distance.....unless I'm strapped to a snowboard, then it's okay. The kids stayed our for a few hours. They were still out playing when the Bushlings snuck up on them and started a snowball fight. Tanessa came and woke me up (yes, I was enjoying a nap by the fire) and I went out to find Marcie and the kids and snow flying! Then Tayah and Trey stayed over for the afternoon. The kids drank hot cocoa, watched Christmas movies, and played games. They had a great time being together since they had not seen eachother in over a week. I was surprised how much snow we got here and we're all hoping for more tonight. Another snow day wouldn't be so bad......
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!
2 comments:
I am so jealous.Its nice to have friends in the neighborhood on days like this.
I loved snow days up at the lake. Julie and I would wander through the neighborhood with Andy Wyly and anyone else we found along the way. When our clothes got too wet we would head inside to get hot cocoa and watch TV...and then head back out.
Love the pictures.
Wow!! I can't believe you guys got that much snow! What a great snowman. Your kids look adorable!!
Post a Comment