Rain, rain, please stay. We want to come out and play! My kids love the rain. They love to go outside and play and splash. Of course, usually when it rains it is cold so I don't let them. But last Friday when it started to rain, it was still pretty warm so I let them knock themselves out!
They built this fort out of umbrellas
I told them not to get soaked....I don't know why I bothered!
3 comments:
I love rain! But from inside the house, when the kids go out I just think MUD!
I don't let my kids in the rain either. I hate having them change their wet clothes because it means more laundry for me. I do however love the rain.
You tell them not to get soaked so that way when they do, and they get sick, you can say "I told you not to do that..." it sounds weird and mean, but I think it's a way to show we care and aren't being negligent. Like when my kids are climbing rather high on something, and I say "Be careful!", if they fall, it's not my fault, because I told them to be careful. I did everything in my power to instill some caution... short of keeping them in a bubble. Sounds lame and wrong in writing though...
Cracking up about the yanking the tooth out- some things just seem so much *more* when they are in writing. I have a nephew whose front tooth was so loose yesterday that he could twist it sideways and get it all cock-eyed- it was totally hanging by the root- it was disgusting. He wouldn't let anyone touch it though.
Post a Comment