Last Friday, Spencer went on a field trip with his kindergarten. They went to a horse boarding place in Kernville and had their own rodeo. This field trip was scheduled for last month but was postponed several times due to the weather. He was so looking forward to it. And wouldn't you know it, he woke up with a fever. I, being the good mother I am, gave him some motrin and sent him on his way. I was going to take him home after the rodeo but he said he felt better and wanted to stay at school. A lot of the kids dressed up like cowboys and they did rodeo events. It was a lot of fun.
Spencer with his gold that he panned.
Spencer and his best bud Trey
They had tons of fun. And my vote for Best Wrangler Tush of the day goes to ............................. Spencer!!! Of course. You didn't think I was going to name some other kid? I wanted to get a picture of his little bum in his wranglers but he wouldn't go for it. And turns out, he was sick all weekend and came home from the doctor on Monday diagnosed with Scarlet Fever. Which, for those of you who don't know, is just strep throat with a rash. Sounds worse than it is. Oops....hope he didn't cough, sneeze, or breathe on any other kids.
2 comments:
Scarlet Fever does sound pretty bad, poor kid, strep throat with a rash just sounds less threatening. The rodeo looks like a lot of fun.
The mad hatter theing, hmmm I think I'm wearing my "cat in the hat" hat, thats about as crazy as I have.
Spencer looks SO cute! What a fabulous field trip! Sorry about the scarlet fever. I didn't even know people got that anymore! Hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment