Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tanessa's 13th Birthday

Okay, so I know I'm way behind on posts, so bare with me. Going back to the beginning of September. Tanessa turned 13 on Sept. 8th. Yikes! Don't know where the time went or how I could possible be the parent of a teenager already.....yet, I am. So, this year she decided to go with a movie night theme and invited her closest friends for a sleepover. Each girl was supposed to come up with a fictional movie star name and play the part for the night. Dressing up for the grammy's was included. Tanessa's character was Kaylin J. Andersen.

Left to right: Jordyn, Ali, Spencer, Karly, Tanessa, Erica, and Cali

The evening started off a little late because some of the girls had a volleyball tournament in Bakersfield that day. When I picked them all up at the school, we went and got pizza for dinner. Then they went on an outdoor scavenger hunt using flashlights. It was a little tricky cause I put some crazy things on the list. I can't even remember which team won, but man did they get competitive! They also walked the red carpet while my mom helped Spencer announce their names and I was the paparazzi snapping their photos.

The rest of the night they just hung out, watched movies, talked, ate junk food, etc. The normal things girls her age do. She was really excited because she got a video camera for her birthday. Of course they had fun playing with that, too. We even had our very own walk of stars with all the names on them. It actually looked really cool.
Lucky for me, the girls were all so exhausted from a long, sports-filled day that they actually didn't stay up all night. The next morning after breakfast, Dave came home and we took all the kids out on the boat. They swam and tubed all day long until they finally went home at about 5pm. I think everybody had lots of fun and I'm sure they went home worn out!

Happy 13th Birthday, Tanessa! We are so proud of the beautiful young lady you are becoming, both inside and out!

1 comments:

Dany said...

It is very strange to have a teenager. I remember Tanessa when she was a baby. She was so tiny it seemed so wierd to see her walking. She was so smart and I even remember her sharing. Happy Birthday Tanessa!!