Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First month of school

My kids had a really great first month (or 6 weeks, whatever) of school. At the end of September, they had their first awards assembly. Spencer got the Principal's Award for his kindergarten class. This was a big deal, since he went into this class late. His first teacher got moved to another position after the first 2 weeks of school. This award goes to the child with all around great behavior and academics. I have to admit, I am proud. I was worried how he would handle kindergarten but he is flying through!

On the same day, Ali got the Character Counts award. This award is for outstanding citizenship. She's my child I worry least about (when it comes to school, anyway) but we are always proud of her!


Then the same day, I went to the post office and received Tanessa's progress report. I was so excited to see that she had all A's and B's. I was extremely worried about her since this is her first year back to school after homeschooling for the past 2 1/2 years. I was sure that I failed her somehow so I was very relieved to find out that we didn't do so bad after all!

As a treat for my awesome kids, we went to Nelda's for shakes after school. I had this blog all planned out......take picture of Tanessa with progress report, take picture of all 3 with their achievements in hand, then take picture of them eating their ice cream. As you can tell, I slacked big time! I forgot my camera when we went for our treat and never got around to doing the other shots either. So, you'll just have to imagine all that this post could have been! :)

An apology for the terrible photos above. I can never get a good shot in that darn cafeteria....very frustrating. They need lights up on the stage or something. Maybe I should lodge a complaint.......

0 comments: