Friday, November 7, 2008

A trip down memory lane

Tanessa has 80's day at school today. Of course she tells me this last night which didn't leave much time to prepare. So I get up this morning and start searching the internet because that was a long time ago and I don't remember everything. But as soon as I see the pictures, it all starts coming back to me. OMG! Were we really that geeky? Now, the 80's were done by the time I finished jr. high, which made me pretty young. Here's what I remember......

Jelly shoes-ouch! Those things were not fun when the ground was hot but we wore them anyway










High top Reeboks-I made my dad search the whole mall with me until I found those royal blue ones, man was I in heaven!








Rolling our skinny stonewashed jeans and either putting our colorful (had to match every color in your outfit) slouch socks over them or up to the bottom of the roll. I remember wearing up to 3 colors of socks at a time!









Cutting the neck and sleeves and bottom off of all my sweatshirts for that "off the shoulder" look and wearing tank tops underneath.

Hair-high ponytails with colored scrunchies that matched my colored socks, side ponytails, or better yet, the "wings". My bangs would be teased straight up and the sides of my hair would be plastered with hairspray to make the "wings"








Make-up-I wasn't allowed to wear make-up until 7th grade......my first day of 7th grade I was wearing this hideous lime green skirt and matching shirt....and matching make-up! I am appalled that my mother let me leave the house looking like that. I had matching eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara in shades of blue, pink, purple, and green.

Mini-skirts-in spandex, none the less!

All my clothes were black or fluorescent

I listened to Madonna, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, U2, Bangles, Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, George Michael, Whitney Houston.....you get the idea.








I watched Family Ties,Small Wonder, Full House, Who's the Boss?, Silver Spoons, Punky Brewster, Growing Pains, Out of this World, Charles in Charge....









I had huge crushes on Michael J Fox, Scott Baio, Kirk Cameron











I wanted to be like Alyssa Milano (she even had a brother named Corey just like me)







The list could go on and on as you know....
Here's a cool site I found with a bunch of pictures and sayings
You were a kid in the 80's if....
So, all the reminiscing aside, this is what we came up with for Tanessa's 80's look this morning: notice the green eyeshadow?


2 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane. Tanessa looks really cute dressed in 80s attire. Looking back at pix, I was just plain scary!

BushlingX7 said...

Oh, the good ole 80's. I just loved their music and laugh at myself living in that time.