While everyone else was panicking about the impending flood in Lake Isabella, here's what my kids were doing: some kind of rain song and dance hoping for more rain to play in. The day of the first flood, we only got a few drops of rain here
in town. But at the first drop, my kids got out their gear in anticipation of lots of rain. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the actual flood (see Marcie's blog for pics) because I was basically forbidden to go anywhere near it! Dave was working and working for the fire department, he had a heads up on the flood. So, he calls and tells me that the water is going to hit town in 15 minutes and he wants us to stay home. He tells me he knows me and how much I like disaster (what's that supposed to mean, anyway?) so I better not go driving around looking for it. Then why did he even call? I never would have known if he didn't say anything. Naturally, at this point, I'm curious and it's torturing me that I can't leave home. By the way, he didn't call the next two days so when my neighbor with the scanner gave me the heads up, I got to go be a looky-loo. I did, however, make sure to stay as far away from any emergency personnel so that I could not get ratted out!
Camping Trip - 2017
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment